Each month the team at YAX selects a star athlete. This athlete truly embodies our core values with perseverance and accountability at the forefront.
Our March Athlete of the Month is Mona Rio! We’d like to give a shoutout to Mona for consistently bringing her hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm into the studio, via livestream, and on-demand.
1. What is your favorite thing about Yoga Athletex?
The people! Every trainer and staff member goes above and beyond to make the experience challenging, but still fun.
2. What is your favorite thing about YAX Online?
I can find whatever I’m looking for: an intense training session, a deep stretch, guided meditation or breathwork. And I can do it whenever and wherever I happen to need it!
3. What are the biggest physical and/or mental benefits you have received over your time?
Physically, I’m making steady progress in areas I have never focused on before (resistance, weights, etc.) while still being able to improve on what I have always enjoyed (speed and agility.) Mentally, I have found a great balance of what types of training and recovery best work for my lifestyle.
4. What progress are you most proud of?
There are two things I’m really excited about:
(1) I have regained range of motion and strength that I was told wouldn’t return (after surgery) through consistent, but mindful, training.
(2) I have learned that more training isn’t always better. Recovery is a necessary part of the process.