Each month the team at YAX selects a star athlete. This athlete truly embodies our core values with perseverance and accountability at the forefront.
Our September Athlete of the Month is Lindsay Calvert! We’d like to give a shoutout to Lindsay for consistently bringing her hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm into the studio and via livestream.
1. How long have you been practicing/training at Yoga Athletex?
Since day 1 of the grand opening! So January 8, 2017. I went for the free HIIT and yoga classes and was hooked. Plus, it’s just a great environment with motivating coaches and educational too.
2. What benefits have you received since training at Yoga Athletex?
More appreciation for stretching and breath work with yoga, especially as I get older and stay active.
3. What is your sport/activity outside of the studio?
Cycling, sand volleyball, pool workouts, and hiking (mainly on vacations like now in Iceland).
4. What is your favorite class at Yoga Athletex and why?
Tough to say just one! Recovery and restorative yoga classes and cardio & core.
5. Any advice for new people trying out the studio?
Try all the classes. You may find something you didn’t realize you needed/liked. To be honest doing multiple classes can be all the right combo! And thankfully, they can be done in person, live-stream or on demand.