Each month the team at YAX selects a star athlete. This athlete truly embodies our core values with perseverance and accountability at the forefront.
Our December Athlete of the month is Madison Shyer! We’d like to give a shoutout to Madison for consistently bringing her hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm.
1. How long have you been practicing/training at Yoga Athletex?
I’ve been training at YAX since the summer of 2017! Can’t believe it’s been that long since I started college…
2. What benefits have you received since training at Yoga Athletex?
The confidence I have in my body and its abilities I can directly thank Yoga Athletex for – it’s been amazing to see my yoga practice, breath work, & physical training become more disciplined in and out of the studio.
3. What is your sport/activity outside of the studio?
I’m all over the map; I was a dancer in grade school, a rower in college, and now I rock climb and two-step on the regular!
4. What is your favorite class at Yoga Athletex and why?
My favourite class is probably Restorative Yoga with Kalynn. I love that it’s right in the middle of the week and it’s a great resetter.
5. Any advice for new people trying out the studio?
Come as you are and come when you can! One of my favourite parts of YAX is that even after a couple months’ break when school or work takes me out of Houston, I can come right back and be welcomed with open arms.