TOP 5 REASONS TO GET YOUR FMS SCREEN:
- Injury Prevention: As you may know, these two words are the root idea behind Yoga Athletex. Along with our programming, the FMS helps to identify movement dysfunctions before an injury is likely to occur.
- Body Awareness: This tool allows you to recognize the difference between pain and discomfort. FMS may identify the onset of injury, which allows you to nip it in the bud before becoming debilitating.
- Systematic Approach: Each scoring method can be administered by any certified coach. So, if you’ve had a prior screen elsewhere, our staff can review, evaluate and continue with your plan. FMS uses a simple checklist with clearly defined criteria, it’s easy for coaches administering the screen to arrive at a reliable score that can be repeated with other coaches, at any location.
- Ongoing: Because the FMS is a standardized screen, you can continue to get tested over time to assess your progress, or identify movement dysfunctions that may arise. We highly encourage our clients to get re-screened every 4-6 weeks, assuming you are diligently working on your exercises. Re-screening can help you identify improvements you make and get you functioning at your optimal performance!
- Corrective Exercise System: Not only can the FMS help you identify dysfunctional movement patterns, the intent is to correct them as well. So the FMS is really a comprehensive screening and corrective exercise system. We refer to this system as the FMS Training Cycle. Each FMSTC is extremely personalized to the individuals needs, with the sole purpose of achieving optimal performance without injury!
WHY BREATHWORK IS IMPORTANT FOR PERFORMANCE:
- Breathwork is the foundation for life. Functional breathing increases health, performance and longevity. Dysfunctional breathing directly affects movement & causes dysfunctional movement.
- Breathing influences every system and function within the body. Proper breathing will promote oxygen transport to all the vital organs and tissues of the body. Breathing can act as the doorway to a calm, relaxed mental state and can be used to control fear, anxiety, anger and stress while promoting restful sleep. Through correct breathing habits, new levels of health, performance, fitness and wellness can be realized for any application or activity you are doing. -XPT
- At Yoga Athletex, we provide breathing practices to increase your lung capacity and improve your performance on the court/field or in your daily life.
- Down-regulation breathing techniques can help calm your mind and relax your body. Come learn how to apply a breathwork practice to your training regime.
BOOK YOUR SCREEN HERE: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=118632&stype=-105&sTG=5&sView=day&sLoc=0