- Injury Prevention: As you may know, these two words are the root idea behind Yoga Athletex. Along with our programming, the FMS helps to identify movement dysfunctions before an injury is likely to occur.
- Body Awareness: This tool allows you to recognize the difference between pain and discomfort. If pain is identified during the screen, we have a DPT on staff to help analyze you further. FMS may identify the onset of injury, which allows you to nip it in the bud before becoming debilitating.
- Systematic Approach: Each scoring method can be administered by any certified coach. So, if you’ve had a prior screen elsewhere, our staff can review, evaluate and continue with your plan. FMS uses a simple checklist with clearly defined criteria, it’s easy for coaches administering the screen to arrive at a reliable score that can be repeated with other coaches, at any location.
- Ongoing: Because the FMS is a standardized screen, you can continue to get tested over time to assess your progress, or identify movement dysfunctions that may arise. We highly encourage our clients to get re-screened every 6 months, at minimum, assuming you are diligently working on your exercises. Re-screening can help you identify improvements you make.
- Corrective Exercise System: Not only can the FMS help you identify dysfunctional movement patterns, the intent is to correct them as well. So the FMS is really a comprehensive screening and corrective exercise system. We refer to this system as the FMS Training Cycle. Each FMSTC is extremely personalized to the individuals needs, with the sole purpose of achieving optimal performance without injury!
BOOK YOUR SCREEN HERE: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=118632&stype=-9&sTG=5&sView=day&sLoc=0